(Certificate of Advertising Made in Malaysia – MIM)
- The film company has a valid production license from FINAS.
- Each complete application shall be accompanied by the following documents: –
- Complete application form;
- Company confirmation letter;
- A copy of the passport and related Work Pass or related by the Immigration Department if the foreign film workers involved in the production of advertising films;
- A letter of authorization if the location filming and post-production is abroad;
- Local employees of which were involved in the filming must be registered with FINAS and are members of associations recognized by FINAS.
- To submit a copy of the ad in the VCD or DVD
- Components evaluated in MIM applications:
- Local employees of which were involved in the filming must be registered with FINAS and are members of associations recognized by FINAS. Permission must be obtained from FINAS first if employing foreign employees
- Shooting locations should be made in Malaysia by displaying the country’s environment and culture. Permission must be obtained from FINAS first if you want to make a photographer abroad
- Post-production work should be made in Malaysia. Permission from FINAS must be applied in advance if it is necessary to obtain post-production services abroad
- Production costs should be spent in Malaysia at least 70 percent of the total production cost.
- Only 30 percent of the foreign interest is allowed to be used in advertising
- A separate application is required if different from the image or the period
- Only one application for the same ad even there is a variety of languages.
- Certificates payment of RM100.00 for each MIM issued.
Please download the application Certificate of Advertisements Made in Malaysia form at the link below.