GUIDELINES / APPLICATION PROCEDURE SPP
(Certificate of filming)
- The film company must have a valid license production from FINAS.
- Complete information on the forms prescribed by FINAS available for free at the Licensing Unit or download via the website https://www.finas.gov.my
- Submitting the application form no later than 7 days before filming starts.
- One application for each titles released. Only one SPP application for films that has episodes of the film/series. (type of film: Animation, Fiction Cinema, TV fiction, fiction VCD, Documentary, Drama TV, Game Show, Symbol, Education, Promotion, Reality TV, Interviews, Corporate Video, Short Fiction, TV Program)
- Each application shall be accompanied by the following documents:
- Synopsis of the film that has been removed.
- If the shooting uses the services of foreign workers, must include a copy of the Support Staff Entry Foreign Film (PFA) Letter and the approval document from the Immigration Department of Malaysia/work permit.
- Mention the schedule and shooting location in detail and include the Production Manager (PM)’s phone number in the application form. Please inform FINAS if there is a change of location filming, artists, workers and the title of the film.
- Payment of the Certificate of Filming of RM50.00 can be made by cash/money order/bank draft/ money order for each of SPP issued.
* To obtain an application form, please click on the button below.