Program: Southeast Asia Film Commission Roundtable
Date: August 16, 2018
Venue: Novotel Araneta Center, Quezon City, Philippines
Panelists: 1) Liza B Dino (Chairperson & CEO of Film Development Council of the Philippines)
2) Joachim Ng (Director of Singapore Film Commission)
3) Sovia Cheap ( Director of Cambodia Film Commission)
4) Ahmad Syazli Muhd Khiar (Director of Research & Strategic Policy, National Film Development Corporation Malaysia)
5) Marlina Yulianty (Head of Publication & Partnership, Film Development Centre, Ministry of Education and Culture Indonesia)
6) Dian Srinursih (Head of Regulation & Film Permit Division, Film Development Centre, Ministry of Education and Culture Indonesia)
As an important key to solidify the development of regional cooperation in Southeast Asia in a variety of areas, the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) hosted the Southeast Asia Film Commission Roundtable today in conjunction with the Film Industry Conference and Workshop Series: This Time — Asia! at Novotel Araneta Center, Quezon City in Philippines. Attended by government officials representing ASEAN countries namely Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines, issues and challenges concerning national and regional film industry were deeply highlighted and discussed including co-productions, market competition, global distribution, talent development, government policies, branding and visibility, sustainability, representation, film financing and regional markets.
Hence, as a collaborative platform for the members to exchange best policies and practices, the Director of Research and Strategic Policy of FINAS, Ahmad Syazli Muhd Khiar has further emphasized on the diplomatic roles of ASEAN member states in fostering economic growth and seizing new opportunities in regional film industry while preserving the collective identity of ASEAN films.