July 22, Kuala Lumpur- The first part of Crossing Borders 2017 has ended successfully today at Content Malaysia Pitching Centre, Kuala Lumpur. The Documentary workshop which took place since last Tuesday was concluded with a Masterclass called “Getting Real About VR” by Ruth Berry, Lionel Chok, Cornell Hillmann & Bryan Seah joined by local filmmakers and participants.
The program was officially closed with the Networking Dinner graced by Finas Director General, Dato Fauzi Ayob, Deputy Director General, Dato Azmir Mutalib; Director of Industry Development, Hj. Mohd. Zulkifli Ab. Wahab; Director Of Film In Malaysia Incentive (FIMI), Ahmad Syazli Muhd Syazli Khiar; later at Istana Bambu, Ampang. The event was also made possible with the partnership of Malaysian Documentary Association(MyDocs), represented by Lina Teoh & Harun Rahman. Taking place from 18-22 July 2017 in Kuala Lumpur, the list of trainers are
- Ami Aripin, Editor, Singapore
• Ruth Berry, Director/Producer, First Act Films; Consultant, Terra Mater Factual Studios, Australia/Germany
• Lionel Chok, Creative Technologist, iMMERSIVELY, Singapore
• Aloke Devichand, Senior Commissioning Producer, Al Jazeera English, Malaysia
• Chris Humphrey, Director of Production, A&E Networks Asia, Singapore
• Steven Seidenberg, Head of International Production, LIC-BCBC, China/UK
Crossing Borders 2017 organized by European Documentary Network in partnership with FINAS – The National Film Development Corporation Malaysia and MyDocs has gathered 14 selected documentary projects by filmmakers across Asia and Europe during 5 days workshops that offer insight into the whole process of setting up an international co-production and cover topics, such as: how to develop story, access the international market, pitch their project and distribute finished film.